* * * *In the year 1833 Williams Hawkins, P.L.S. was instructed to lay out this town plot which was to be known as the town of Rippon. It included parts of Lots 22 and 23, concession 1, Sunnidale, and occupied a part of Less Walkinshaw's farm and that of W.O. Brillinger. The old plan of this proposed village with its streets all carefully laid out and named, with driveways on both sides of the river and a town square and market place, can still be seen in the Department's files at Toronto, dated 1833 and signed by Williams Hawkins, P.L.S. Only a few lots were ever sold in the town plot, and finally, the whole scheme was abandoned by Provincial statute in 1883. Rippon was not destined to become a settlement, but later on, and not far from this site, the Village of Angus was to rise.